Opportunity Views, Pages, and Sales Coach Demo Video
- Why It's Important
- Who It's Useful For
- Opportunity View Pages
- Opportunity Pages
- How Opp "Benchmarks" Are Calculated
- Opportunity Data Facets
- Back of Card
- How to Use It
Atrium's "Opportunity Views" and associated "Opportunity Sales Coach" functionality allows organizations to use a variety of opportunity data facets about a single or set of opportunities to better understand the state of a deal and what potential actions to take to improve its likelihood to close.
There are many factors that impact whether or not an opportunity is likely to move to Closed Won. Having a clear understanding of those factors is important for accurate forecasting and can highlight potential next steps for sales reps, such as showing which opportunities do not currently have a future meeting scheduled.
AEs and AMs and their managers, and sales operations.
Opportunity View Pages let you create collections of opportunities filtered based on characteristics like the opportunity's owner, opp type, stage, days untouched, next meeting date, and more.
Opportunity View Pages are fantastic for using in pipeline reviews, forecasting calls, or for broadcasting to reps and teams for "clean your room" use cases (e.g., down funnel opps with no next meeting on the calendar).
Opportunity View Pages also present the Opportunity Health of a given opportunity, using a variety of statistical and engagement indicators on the opportunity - like opportunity age, time in stage, days untouched, next meeting date, and more.
Atrium Opportunity Views allow you to further inspect the relevant informational facets associated with a deal in each opportunity's "Opportunity Page". (Check it out in the product here).
Furthermore, Atrium's Sales Coach then interprets those dozens of information facets to provide a "Close Assessment" regarding the state of the deal, and potential actions to be done to enhance its likelihood of closing.
This includes more problematic opportunities:
Or healthier ones:
Atrium's Opportunity Health is a composite data facet that takes into consideration other opportunity data facets to make a judgement as to the health of the opportunity. This includes data about the opportunity's declared data facets - like stage, close date, time in stage, stage advancements, and more - and also engagement data like customer-facing communications (Emails, Meetings) and reciprocal communications (customer email).
- Good: More likely than average to move to Closed Won, as a result of frequent rep outreach, significant meeting activity, recent opportunity advancements, and email responsiveness.
- Average: Average likelihood of moving to Closed Won, or insufficient data to determine (as with newly-created opportunities).
- At Risk: Less likely than average to move to Closed Won, because of limited rep outreach and meeting activity, little to no recent email responsiveness from prospects at the account, or extremely high opportunity ages.
- Poor: Unlikely to move to Closed Won. These are opportunities that are extremely old, with no recent or future meeting activity and no recent prospect email engagement.
Opportunity data from Salesforce, including the opportunity owner, close date, opportunity created date and the opportunity stage history. Inbound and outbound email data from Gmail to determine rep outreach and prospect responsiveness. Calendar data from Google Calendar.
In addition to a given opportunity's data facets, like Days in Stage, Opp Age, etc., Opportunity Views also provide "Benchmark" data facets that are calculated from historical data. These "benchmarks" assist reps and managers to help make judgments about a given opportunity. Further, Atrium's AI-powered Opportunity Sales Coach also leverages these Benchmark data facets to synthesize judgements about an opportunity, and provide recommendations.
These benchmark data facets are calculated in a "best fit" fashion, using the "closest average" for a given facet, provided there is a statistically significant sample available. If there is insufficient data to calculate a "close" average, then Opp Views fails back to the "next closest" average calculation. In this fashion, the "best available benchmark" is provided at all times for reps, managers, and Sales Coach to consider.
Typically this means considering opportunities of the same type as the inspected opp, owned by reps in the same segment (e.g. "Mid Market") and discipline (e.g., "Inside Sales"), with a sampling period of opportunities that have closed in the last 180 days (Closed Lost, Closed Won, or Both, depending on the metric).
These are the specific benchmark definitions:
- Typical Days Until Close Won From This Stage: The "closest" average number of days from the date on which an opportunity enters the given stage until Closed Won .
- Typical Days In This Stage: The "closest" average number of days an opportunity stays in this stage until it advances or is closed won or lost.
- Typical Sales Cycle: The "closest" average number of days that elapse between an opportunity's creation and it close winning.
- Typical Number of Contacts Engaged in Won Opps: The "closest" average number of unique people (Contacts, Leads) "touched" (Emailed, Meeting, Call) for opportunities that eventually closed won.
- Typical Win Rate From Stage: The rep-specific average win rate (wins divided by wins plus losses) from this stage for. Fails back to a "closest average if insufficient sample size for a rep-specific benchmark.
Alerting on this card is based on the percentage of pipeline that is "At Risk" or "Poor". Personal alerts will compare current opportunity health to the average during the prior six months. Peer alerts will compare against peers "now".
All data facets
- Opportunity Summary: General opportunity information.
- Opportunity Name: From "Name" field in CRM.
- Account Name: From "Account Name" field in CRM.
- Opp Size: From mapped "Pipeline Value" field.
- Opp Type: From opportunity "type" field in CRM.
- Opportunity Owner: From opportunity "owner" field in CRM.
- Opportunity Health
- Opportunity Lifecycle: Stage-specific data facets.
- Stage : Current opportunity stage.
- Manual Stage Probability: From the "probability" field in CRM (typically set via stage).
- Days in Current Stage: # days elapsed since entry to current stage.
- Opp Age: # days elapsed since opportunity's creation.
- Engagement Summary: Data facets focused on email, call, and meeting engagement on an opp. Engagement data facets use activity information from the opportunity's owner.
- Days Untouched: # days since a person associated with the opportunity or its account was last emailed, called, or met with.
- Date of Next Meeting: Date of next meeting on the calendar between opportunity owner and a person associated with
- Date of Last Meeting: Last meeting on the calendar associated with the opp.
- Days Since Last Inbound Email: Days since last inbound email from an email account associated with the opp.
- Inbound Emails in the Last 14 Days: Total number of inbound emails from email addresses associated with the opp in the last 14 days.
- # Contacts Engaged: the number of unique humans that have been interacted with i.e. an email, meeting, or call, while the opp has been open
- Meeting Details: Data facets focused on meeting engagement on an opp. Engagement data facets use activity information from the opportunity's owner.
- Total # of Meetings: Total number of meetings between the opportunity's owner and any person associated with an opportunity or its account while the opportunity has been open.
- Meetings in the Last 14 Days: Total meetings as defined above in last 14 days.
- Meetings in the Last 30 Days: Total meetings as defined above in last 30 days.
- Meetings in Next 30 Days: Total meetings as defined above with dates in the coming 30 days.
- Meetings in Last 90 Days: Total meetings as defined above in last 90 days.
- Meetings in Next 90 Days: Total meetings as defined above with dates in the coming 90 days.
- Custom Details: Data from Atrium custom fields.
- Custom Filters from Atrium custom filters settings.
- Custom Filters from Atrium custom filters settings.
- Standard Details: Other opportunity field data facets.
The primary use of Opportunity Views is in forecasting or pipeline review meetings, to identify the overall health of the rep's pipeline and the underlying reasons for that health. Different health factors also imply specific next steps. For example, an opportunity may be "At Risk" in part because there are no future meetings scheduled, so the rep could take the action item to schedule the next meeting with that prospect.
Does Atrium create different opp health scores for different segments/disciplines or does it calculate over the entire company's pipeline?
- The sales cycle variable is dependent on Opp Type and the segment/discipline assigned to the owner. So if the rep is a Mid Market AE and the Opp Type is New Business, its the average sales cycle for all Closed Won New business opportunities closed by Mid Market Inside Sales representatives.
Do Custom Tasks show up as "touches" for Opp Health?
- Unfortunately, at this time, Custom Tasks do not show up as "touches" for Opp Health.
Does Atrium's Opp Health scoring take into account multiple reps or teams working opportunities?
- Opp Health and its engagement calculations are based upon interactivity between the single opportunity owner and the opp. For any "touches" (calls, emails, or meetings) to be factored into opp health, they must be completed by the opportunity owner.
What are the main factors that would cause an opp to be rated as At Risk or in Poor health?
- While the opp health scoring incorporates many different factors and weighs them relative to each other, a few elements that could cause a poor or at risk health score for new business opps include combinations of:
- not being touched via call, email, or meeting in 30+ or 60+ days,
- no future meetings on calendar,
- no stage advancements within 30 days,
- and an opp age twice the average sales cycle or older.
- For existing opps, weighed factors also include if an opp is closing within 30 days but has been untouched for 30+ days or if an opp is closing within 30 days but no inbound emails in the last 90 days.
📢 Tell Me More!
Be sure to check out the Atrium U Quick Start Guide to Opportunity Health for a short tutorial!