Overview: Total pipeline owned by the rep, split by the underlying opportunity health of that pipeline.
Why it’s important: There are many factors that impact whether or not an opportunity is likely to move to Closed Won. Having a clear understanding of those factors is important for accurate forecasting and can highlight potential next steps for sales reps, such as showing which opportunities do not currently have a future meeting scheduled.
Who it’s useful for: AEs and AMs and their managers, and sales operations.
Definition: Opportunity Health is an overall rating of how engaged the individuals at an account are with the sales rep who owns the opportunity. The ratings are based on the frequency of rep outreach to the account, past and future meeting activity, opportunity age, opportunity advancements, and email responsiveness from individuals at the account. For renewals, the expected Close Date is also taken into account when bucketing opportunities.
- Good: More likely than average to move to Closed Won, as a result of frequent rep outreach, significant meeting activity, recent opportunity advancements, and email responsiveness.
- Average: Average likelihood of moving to Closed Won, or insufficient data to determine (as with newly-created opportunities).
- At Risk: Less likely than average to move to Closed Won, because of limited rep outreach and meeting activity, little to no recent email responsiveness from prospects at the account, or extremely high opportunity ages.
- Poor: Unlikely to move to Closed Won. These are opportunities that are extremely old, with no recent or future meeting activity and no recent prospect email engagement.
What data is used?: Opportunity data from Salesforce, including the opportunity owner, close date, opportunity created date and the opportunity stage history. Inbound and outbound email data from Gmail to determine rep outreach and prospect responsiveness. Calendar data from Google Calendar.
Alerting: Alerting on this card is based on the percentage of pipeline that is "At Risk" or "Poor". Personal alerts will compare current opportunity health to the average during the prior six months. Peer alerts will compare against peers "now".
Back of Card: The data on the back of this card - or in the main view while on the Opp Health tab - shows, for each opportunity, the following data points:
- Opportunity Owner
- Opportunity Name
- Opportunity Health Bucket
- Days Untouched (the number of days since the opportunity was last emailed, called, or met with)
- Date of Last Meeting
- Date of Next Meeting
- Days Since Last Inbound Email
- Opportunity Stage
- Opportunity Age
- Forecast Category
- Close Date
- Days Until Close (used primarily for determining the health of renewal opportunities)
- Opportunity Type
- Opportunity Source
- Inbound Emails in the Last 14 Days
- Meetings in the Last 14 Days
- Meetings in the Last 30 Days
- Meetings in the Next 30 Days
- Meetings in the Next 90 Days
- Stages Advanced in the Last 30 Days
- Typical Sales Cycle (average sales cycle time, for comparison to Opp Age to identify "old" opps)
How to use it: The primary use for this card will be in forecasting or pipeline review meetings, to identify the overall health of the rep's pipeline and the underlying reasons for that health. Different health factors also imply specific next steps. For example, an opportunity may be "At Risk" in part because there are no future meetings scheduled, so the rep could take the action item to schedule the next meeting with that prospect.