Link: Pipeline Change card
Overview: Change in open pipeline value for all opportunities with a close date in the timeframe selected, where the change occurred after the "since" date.
Why it’s important: A lot of effort goes into building pipeline, so it's important to understand what happens to that pipeline. Looking at it on a quarterly basis means understanding how much pipeline is likely to close in the time period where it's currently forecast, which is important for understanding at what level the overall forecast should be projected and whether individual reps have sufficient pipeline coverage to meet their goals.
Who it’s useful for: AEs and their managers, and AMs and their managers.
Definition: This card bridges the total value of open pipeline at the "since" date to the total value of open pipeline now, for opportunities closing in the selected time period. Each area of the waterfall is defined as follows:
- Starting Pipeline: Total amount of open pipeline with a Close Date in the selected timeframe as of the "since" date selected. For example, if a customer with a calendar fiscal year selects "since 'Beginning of This Quarter'", it may show the pipeline value as of January 1st.
- New: Total amount of open pipeline with a Close Date in the selected timeframe that was either created or transferred to the individual or team being evaluated after the since date.
- Pulled In: Total amount of open pipeline that had a Close Date outside of the selected timeframe on the "since" date but that currently has a Close Date in the selected timeframe.
- Increased Value: Amount by which open pipeline with a Close Date in the selected timeframe increased in value since the "since" date.
- Closed Won: Total amount Closed Won in the selected timeframe between the "since" date and now. Note that this amount decreases pipeline value because Closed Won opportunities are no longer open pipeline once they shift to bookings.
- Decreased Value: Amount by which open pipeline with a Close Date in the selected timeframe decreased in value since the "since" date.
- Pushed Out: Total amount of open pipeline that had a Close Date in the selected timeframe on the "since" date but that currently has a Close Date outside of the selected timeframe.
- Closed Lost: Total amount of pipeline that was open on the "since" date but Closed Lost in the selected timeframe between the "since" date and now.
What data is used: All information comes from the Opportunity object in Salesforce. The Opportunity Owner tells us which reps owns the opportunity. The Close Date tells us in which time period the rep previously expected and currently expects the booking to come in. The pipeline value shown pulls the standard Amount field by default but can be updated to pull from a custom field in the Salesforce Data Settings or by notifying Atrium customer success.
Back of Card: The data on the back of this card shows, for each Opportunity included in the calculation, the areas of the waterfall where that opportunity is being included, the Opp Name, the initial and current amount, the initial Opp Stage, the Opp Source, the Opp Type, the Forecast Category, the Account Tier, whether the opp was sales-accepted as of the "since" date, the current close date, the current owner, and the date on which specific actions took place (e.g., when the pipeline was "pulled in").
How to use it: This card is helpful in forecasting to understand how pipeline flows over the course of a month or quarter.