Overview: Pipeline value of opportunities owned by the associated rep that reached the selected stage during the given timeframe.
Why it’s important: This card helps you to understand not only the pipeline value of opportunities owned by each rep based on the source, but also the conversion of those opps to mid and down-funnel and Closed Won deals. This can be used to see which reps are most effective at advancing Opportunities to key points in the sales process and the value of those opps.
Who it’s useful for: This card is primarily useful for the AEs and their managers, and for AMs and CSMs who own Opportunities.
Definition: For a given sales rep, the sum of the pipeline value of Opportunities that they owned that were moved to or moved through the selected stage during the selected timeframe. This will include both Opportunities that "landed" in the selected stage as well as those that skipped over that stage. If "Any Stage" is selected, this card will show the total number of advancements that took place during the given timeframe across all Opportunities owned. The amount shown on this card will reflect the field selected as the pipeline field in Salesforce settings.
What data is used?: Salesforce Opportunity data, including the Opportunity Owner, Opportunity Value, and the Stage.
Alerting: Alerting on this card only occurs when a goal is set. Users can set a goal specifying a stage and timeframe they would like goal alerting against.
Back of Card: The data on the back of this card shows, for each Opportunity Owned, the following:
- The Opportunity name
- The Opportunity source
- The Opportunity value
- Initial Opp Stage - The stage where the Opportunity advanced from. If the Opportunity advancement was part of the initial opportunity creation event, you will see the value 'Opp Created'
- Resulting Opp Stage - The stage to which the Opportunity was advanced. If the stage reached does not match the resulting stage, that is because the Opportunity was advanced past multiple stages at the same time, and the stage reached was inferred
- Visited Selected Stage? - If the opportunity was advanced past multiple stages at the same time, the stage reached may be inferred, and will be marked as 'No (skipped)' in this column. If the opportunity was advanced directly to the stage reached, it will be marked as 'Yes' in this column.
- Stage Advancement Type - If the opportunity was created with the selected stage or greater, this column will show 'Opportunity Creation'. If the opportunity was created in an earlier stage and advanced to the selected stage or greater, this column will show 'Post Opportunity Creation'.
- The date the Opportunity advanced
- The Current Opportunity stage
- Current Record Type - While this is typically the same as the record type at the time of this stage advancement, you may have automatic rules that change stage and record type at the same time, in which case the opportunity can switch record types and stages at the same time.
- The Opportunity creator
- The Opportunity owner at the point of stage advancement
- The current owner
- The Opportunity type
- The Opportunity health
How to use it:
- Are my AEs actually following processes for moving opps through the funnel in SFDC?
- What is the value of opps that reached sales qualified in a timeframe (regardless of when they were created)?
- Are there bottlenecks in the funnel resulting in hard-to-reach stages?