All Atrium Metrics Catalog by Role, Goals, and Use Case
Card in Atrium: Time from Stage to Won Card
- Why It's Important
- How Do I Use It?
- Examples of How to Use This in Practice
- FAQs / Additional Details
The Time from Stage to Won card measures the average number of days it takes from when an opportunity enters each stage to Closed Won.
The default view of this card will show you all sales stages on the X Axis, with the average time to closed won from that stage as the data point. You can also select a specific stage from the "Any Stage" drop down and view the trend from that stage over time.
Opportunities will show on this card if they were closed won in the time period shown and the opp is currently owned by the rep or team shown. (Learn more about how Atrium Actions & Objects work to calculate metrics.)
Why It's Important
Time from Stage to Won allows you to filter to the stage at which your reps start working the opp, so you can measure performance from the time they had agency over the deal (by removing SDR qualifying stages from the sales cycle). Additionally, this card allows you to measure the average deal cycle FROM a particular stage, so it allows you to better anticipate bookings based on what stage opps are in the sales funnel and thus forecast more accurately.
How Do I Use It?
- Create a dashboard with Time from Stage to Won, Pipeline Owned (filtered to that same stage), Win Rate from Stage, Average Opp Size (filtered to that stage) to help you model your current forecast.
- Monitor this card over time to see how changes in your sales process affects how long it takes your reps to close deals FROM the stage at which they start working the deal (E.G., when the opp is transferred for them from their SDR).
- Set Goals on stages you are focused on compressing the deal cycle from
- For Example: Are you trying to speed up how long opps close once they are in Proposal?
Examples of How to Use This in Practice
Select the Sales Stage that aligns with when your AEs take ownership of their opps. Diagnose where reps have longer sales cycles compared with their peers.
Select "Any Stage" in the stage drop down at the top of the card. Use time from each stage to won to better inform your current forecast based on where opps are in your funnel.
- We use the stage entered date until closed won to calculate the Time in Stage for that specific stage.
FAQs / Additional Details
Why does my rep have a longer time from stage to won than their overall sales cycle?
This card measures the average number of days from when an opp entered the given stage to when it was closed won. If your rep is skipping sales stages, opps will not count toward the average time from stage to won for stages the opp never entered.
Why do some opps show "N/A" for the time from stage to won?
This card uses the manually entered Closed Date on the opportunity. If the date in that field predates the date the opp entered the given stage you are looking at, the time from stage to won will be negative. In order not skew your data, we exclude these opportunities from the average calculation, but want you to be able to see that this opportunity met the criteria for this card, so we still show you the opp on the back of the card.